The First Step to SEO for Dentists – Get Listed on Google Maps
If you are a dentist looking to increase your online exposure, chances are, you are familiar with Google Maps. If so, providing dentistry to a local market relies on your ability to be found in the maps.
This area of the organic search results receives more clicks than any other part of the page, including paid advertisements.
Unfortunately, for a competitive niche such as a local dentist, simply creating a Google My Business page is not enough. You want to make sure that you:
1. Appear in one of the top positions in the maps
2. Appear for keywords that your potential clients are searching for
A listing on Google’s map section is a result of focusing on the following factors:
- You must claim your Google My Business listing, and once claimed, it must be verified.
- The Google My Business listing for your dental practice must be optimized for your geographic area, and in addition, must also be optimized for high converting keywords.
- In addition to making sure your name, address, and phone number (aka NAP) appears consistently across local directory sites, it must also match exactly on your Google My Business page.
- Finally, a maps listing without real client reviews is pretty much dead in the water.
Should you require additional help with getting your maps listing ready for potential visitors, please contact us at (216) 302-0449.
The pleasure of ranking our dentist’s business pages never gets old. Find out more about our search engine optimization for dentists, and if you have any questions, we are a phone call or email away.